Did you know that the most Googled question of 2013 was “What is twerking?”. It’s a little sad isn’t it? That of all the people on this Earth with access to Google, of all the brilliant minds teeming with curiosity and knowledge, the one thing that collectively we wanted to know most, of everything there is to know, is what twerking is.
Considering we are in December, and around now is the time when people look back on their New Year’s resolutions and smile in wonderous awe at how on earth they thought that diet was going to work, I figure I’ll share with you one of mine – “To learn more about the world and the people in it”. And honestly I think I have achieved that, so in my own special ‘up yours’ to twerking I’m going to share with you some fun facts about the world (and the people in it).
- If the whole population of China were to walk past you in a single file line, it would take about 30 years (considering the rate of reproduction etc).
- The Apple Iphone is the second best-selling product of all time after (any last minute guesses?….) the Rubik’s cube.
- It takes a photon 200,000 years to travel from the core of the sun to its surface, then just a little over 8 minutes from the sun’s surface to your eyeball.
- Cleopatra lived closer to the time of the first moon landing than the building of the Great Pyramid of Giza. (Yep I did my fact checking on this one – Cleopatra was born 69BC, 2,515 years after the pyramids were built and 2,038 years before the moon landing).
- Dr. Seuss wrote the book ‘Green Eggs and Ham’ to win a bet against his publisher who thought he couldn’t complete a book with only 50 words.
Now if these don’t get you Googling something more worthwhile than what twerking is then I don’t know what will.