What follows is a list of those things you know you do in your daily life, but you didn’t realise that everyone else actually does them too (usually without admitting it).
- Looking at your watch for the time, and looking at it again a few seconds later because you didn’t actually read it the first time
- Walking around the house aimlessly as you talk on the phone
- Singing the alphabet song in your head really quickly when you need to find out which letter comes after another
- Claiming to have read books when you have only actually read the wikipedia synopsis
- Taking a nap at random times, waking up and not knowing what day it is
- Googling yourself
- Pretending to be on the phone to avoid awkward situations
- Walking out of a shop without buying anything, and becoming paranoid that the security thinks you are shoplifting
- Listening to way funkier music than you ever let on (I admitted this particular note in my last post – read it here)
- Setting your alarm to 6:01am because that sounds so much better than 6:00am
- Stopping the microwave one second before it finishes to avoid hearing it beep at you
- Putting your music on shuffle but skipping until you get to the song you want anyway
- Doing that little dance in the mirror while trying clothes on in a store to see how comfy they really are
- Coincidentally driving behind someone for a really long time because you happen to be going the same way, and desperately hoping they don’t think you’re a stalker
- Coincidentally having someone drive behind you for a really long time because you happen to be going the same way, and thinking that they are a stalker.