If you haven’t read the first part of this post, check it out here
The ship set ground on the shore of this uncharted desert isle with Gilligan, the Skipper too, the millionaire and his wife, the movie star, the Professor and Mary Ann, here on Gilligan’s Isle…
So, which three items would I take with me to the deserted island?
Well, this would definitely depend on the circumstances I find myself in. I know I’m on a deserted island but the big question is whether I can escape or not. Because if I could give escaping a red-hot go then of course I would be planning my grand departure and bring items accordingly. However, If there was no possibility of escape and I was looking at my new island home, then I would bring items for the long term. So I have compiled two lists…
The ‘Grand Escape’ scenario –
- Books – I’d have to go with the classics: Dickens, Austen, oh and a ‘Raft Building 101’ wouldn’t go astray either.
- Water – I assume that my grand escape somewhere includes floating on a raft to civilisation, so fresh water is a must.
- Rope – Definitely a necessity in the raft building department.
The ‘New Island Home’ scenario –
- Rope – Also a necessity in the home building department.
- Mirror – No, not to check my hairdo, although that is a handy bonus. Starting fires was the main idea (I decided against matches because they eventually run out, but a mirror against the sun never stops working).
- Ukulele – I can just picture myself relaxing of an afternoon, strumming a few nice tunes. Not that I can play the ukulele but I figure I would still be the best ukulele player on the island. Who knows, maybe I could even master the Fresh Prince theme song…